Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Holiday Instagrams, and a New Year's Resolution

If anyone knows of a way to embed instagrams into a blogger post... that would be most helpful.

My playmobil advent calendar
Tiny office Christmas tree

The homestead after a Christmas Eve snowfall

Snow cat wants to come inside

Baby Noah's Christmas nap


I hesitate to make this resolution because I don't know if I'll be able to keep it. But at least the willingness must be worth something... right? I'd like to do a sketch a day this year. As short as 5 minutes, or as long as an hour, however much time I can find. (Which of course I'll be posting on the blog.) There are some days where I just haven't found the time to draw despite my commitment to it this past year. It's a little difficult sometimes feeling very split between editing and art (and life!). But I'd like to try to be better about it this year. We shall see...

My biggest resolution this year is: THINK BIG PICTURE. I'm a very detail oriented person, and sometimes I can get lost in the little things. This applies to everything - to my art, to my editing, and to my life. It's so easy (for me at least) to get caught up in the day-to-day and to forget about my overall direction. But this year I'm going to work on actively changing that. So here's to 2013! I hope good things are ahead for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome resolution to keep your drawing life moving - I look forward to seeing 356 sketches in person and online this year!!

    ReplyDelete