Friday, January 11, 2013

Video Friday

Today I'm pretending I have an actual blog and doing a little video roundup for yous guys. Some of it is art related, others are just things I found interesting on the internet. As a bonus, I've finally learned how to embed internet videos so that they no longer appear as tiny little squares in my posts, so. Get excited.

ANIMATION



An interesting-looking new kids' web series. Bonus points for introducing young minds to the glory of steampunk (I am a pretty unapologetic steampunk nerd, expect to see much gears-and-dirigible-and-corset type art down the line once I move past, you know, learning how to draw.)



Andreas Deja a.k.a one of my favorite bloggers is making an animated film (unsure whether or not it will be a feature or a short). Here's his post on the film with some concept art.



A trailer for a new animated feature out of France with some really lovely animation.

MUSIC



Lately I have Macklemore & Ryan Lewis's The Heist on repeat (literally, I listened to it twice in a row today). Nobody seems to be talking about it, so in case you've somehow missed out on the smash hit that is "Thrift Shop," here is the music video for your watching pleasure.



This is the first track on the album. It's also become my new theme song, as soon as I actually listened to the words and realized what it was about. (Also, whoever actually watches this, the person got it wrong in the chorus, it's "hands" not "ants." But it sounds like ants so it's understandable. I guess it would be cool for ants to carry you? 10,000 presumably strange hands touching you could get a little weird.)

INSPIRATION



A great little inspirational video.

NEW YEAR



Some new years' fireworks exploding backwards which creates a very interesting visual. It's often the simplest ideas that are the most revolutionary.


2011 from hey_rabbit on Vimeo.

And last but not least - this was a video that went viral around this time last year. I really identified with this video when I saw it because, well firstly it's one of my favorite songs, and secondly because this girl was living my life, having an experience really similar to mine - she'd just moved to L.A., was discovering life after college in a new place with friends, learning how to love it and appreciate the little moments... I don't know if I'll be in L.A. forever, but for now, I'm loving this time in my life and being in this place. I'll always have a real place in my heart for this sprawling, beautiful Southern California city.

3 comments:

  1. Speaking of steampunk...get those boots yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh!! I had completely spaced on them but I just found them again! Although ooof they are expensive... maybe I will buy them once I find a job again, haha...

      Delete